Last Updated: November 27th
A MESSAGE TO OUR VISITORS
TRAVEL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1, As of Monday November 29, 2021, all travelers who have visited one of the following African countries within 14 days prior to traveling to Sint Maarten will be denied entry: South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Mozambique.
2. As of Monday December 6, 2021, all fully vaccinated travelers from countries in the very-high risk category will be required to provide a negative 48 hr. PCR or a negative 24 hr. Ag test result. The following countries will be listed in this category the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary , Norway, Slovakia, Liechtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, Monaco, Bulgaria, Bolivia and Trinidad and Tobago.
1. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours. Visitors arriving on a maritime vessel please read the latest requirements here.
2. The requirements vary depending on the country risk status which can be found at the bottom of this page.
3. All travelers to Sint Maarten who are fully vaccinated are exempted from a COVID-19 test. The completed vaccination date cannot be older than one year, unless a booster shot has been administered before the ending of the one year term. The EHAS application must still be completed. The date of completion of vaccination must be submitted as well as valid proof of vaccination (official country vaccination card or QR code, full name and name, dates administered and batch number(s) of vaccine) from the country where the vaccine was administered. A received booster shot must be indicated in the appropriate field and proof thereof must be uploaded as well.
4. You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine :
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.
5. All non- fully vaccinated children 5 year of age and older are required to have a negative Covid-19 test in accordance with the required type of test for the risk status of the country of origin. For the age category of 5 up to 10 years, an oropharyngeal swab will also be accepted.
6.The government of Sint Maarten has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 insurance for all travelers with destination Sint Maarten with the exception of Sint Maarten residents, transit passengers departing the same day (checkbox), flight crews (checkbox), transiting cruise ship crews (checkbox), French nationals residing in France or a French territory, BES-ZVK insured (checkbox) and AUC faculty and students (special procedure). The insurance purchasing process is an integrated step in the EHAS application. Travelers requiring the COVID-19 insurance must complete this process upon application. For more information on and all questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support at email@example.com
7. The application must be completed in order to be processed. This includes proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, information on the vaccination status (including official proof of completed vaccination in case fully vaccinated) and the purchase of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance in case required. Children must have the online health form filled out by their parents. Provide a working personal email address on which you are reachable.
8. All incoming passengers are subjected to temperature checks and other screening protocols and may be subjected to mandatory testing at their own expense. Failure to comply with the screening at the Health Check Point upon arrival will result in you not being cleared to enter St. Maarten and sent back to your originating country. If re-tested upon arrival you will be required to self-isolate or self-quarantine at your place of lodging/residence until the test results are known.
9. Applicants will receive confirmation of their accepted application. Non-completed applications will be automatically deleted within a day after the provided travel date.
10. If health authorization is pre-approved, you will receive a (printable) pre-authorization PDF via e-mail, which must be presented at check in and to the health and immigration authorities upon arrival. This PDF will also contain a QR code which will show the vaccination status and COVID test result when scanned. Keep the original rt-PCR or antigen test result and proof of vaccination always with you. Please check your spam/junk mail folder as well in case you haven’t received a response. If health authorization is not pre-approved, you will receive an e-mail informing you that health pre-authorization has been denied.
11. As Saba has their own EHAS operational, same day transit travelers to Saba no longer need to apply in the Sint Maarten EHAS system, but only the Saba EHAS system which can be found at http://www.sabatourism.com/travel-requirements. Proof of the Saba EHAS approval must be demonstrated when transiting through Princess Juliana Airport Sint Maarten.
12. Adherence to all other safety and hygiene protocols like social distancing, mandatory face mask wearing and hand sanitizing is required.
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS
-rt-PCR and antigen test sample for the SARS-COV-2 virus must be obtained through a naso-pharyngeal swab in adolescents and adults. An oro-pharygeal swab is accepted in case of children.
- Results from home covid-19 collection test kits will also not be accepted.
- The original test result to be uploaded as part of EHAS application procedure must clearly specify the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of test subject, type of test administered, name of antigen test, sample date, source of the swab, result date and a negative result. Non-compliant test results, hand written or e-mail statements from doctors will not be accepted.
AIRLINE AND PRIVATE FLIGHT CREW
1.All airline and private flight crew must be able to demonstrate proof of full vaccination or in case not fully vaccinated, a valid negative COVID-19 test result according to the risk category of the country of departure.
2. Crew members with stopovers of more than one(1) night must submit an application through EHAS. The same travel requirements as for passengers apply in these cases.
CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS ARRIVING BY AIR AND DEPARTING BY CRUISESHIP FROM SINT MAARTEN
1. All passengers must complete the application procedure through EHAS before departing to Sint Maarten.
2. Within 48 hours, before disembarking again in Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise, all passengers older 5 years and older must have an antigen test performed by the cruise line.
3. Applying through EHAS is not necessary when returning to Sint Maarten at the end of the cruise.
4. The purchase of COVID-19 insurance (see below) is mandatory when staying more than one (1) day in Sint Maarten either before or after the cruise. The insurance is only valid during the days of stay in Sint Maarten between the arrival date and return date to the country of origin.
For travelers originating from both a high-risk and very high risk country, 5 consecutive days of self-monitoring of body temperature and possible flu like symptoms is mandatory. The travelers in this category will receive an automated daily email alert providing a link for submitting the required information online the first 5 days of their stay. If you are remaining for a shorter term on the island, you will have to submit the information for the time you are on the island. Temperature measuring possibilities will also be offered in the lobby in most hotels and other lodging facilities.
Thank you for choosing St. Maarten as your preferred vacation destination!
• Wear masks when social distancing is not possible, during your stay on island and avoid touching mouth, eyes, nose
• Sanitize and wash hands frequently
• Avoid touching surfaces as much as possible
• We recommend to vacation safe and adhere to the guidelines while exploring our Friendly Island
• If feeling unwell, contact the hotel’s front desk/ hotel's COVID-19 task force team immediately or contact the health department by dialing 914
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
01. What are the requirements for transit passengers?
02. What type of COVID-19 tests are recognized upon entry?
All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) are accepted.
Regardless of the type of test, all tests must be uploaded when filling out the Electronic Health Authorization System Form. The test result should clearly specify the name of the laboratory, test subject name, test date, type of test administered and how the test sample was obtained. Typed, written or e-mail statements from doctors or non-laboratories will not be accepted.
03. Are all visitors required to fill out the Electronic Health Authorization System Form?
04. Are all visitors required to have official documentation of a negative COVID-19 test?
05. Would I still need to upload a negative COVID-19 Test if I've been vaccinated?
06. Are all visitors required to apply for the Visitor Protection Plan?
For more information on and all questions related to the COVID-19 insurance please visit www.sxmprotectionplan.com or contact customer support.